CONTACT US & FAQs
6 Sun Valley Way
Send us an enquiry...
We aim to provide a solution to all of your queries here at Kent Stairlifts.
You may find the answer to your question in the FAQ's section below...
What kind of stairlift is right for my home?
We offer a free consultation of your stairway to advise on the best stairlift for your needs.
Kent Stairlifts - Terms & Conditions
Please note any reference on this site to our price promise service relates only to the Stairlifts Products.
Kent Stairlifts ("We", "Us") Terms and Conditions of sale for Stairlifts.
These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
1. Deposit- 50% non-refundable deposit is required for curved stairlifts. These rails are bespoke to each home so cannot be resold if the order is cancelled. A 20% refundable deposit is required for straight stairlifts.
2. Cancellations – please see below *'notice of right to cancel your order'.
3. Stairlift Ownership – we retain ownership of the goods until all monies have been paid.
4. Goods buyback – we will not buy back any goods which we have sold to you as our stairlifts are bespoke and made to measure for a client’s home.
5. Installation – we will always attempt to install the stairlift as arranged with you. Once a date has been confirmed, on the rare occasion this changes, we will give you 24 hours’ notice to rearrange installation.
6. Stairlift Guarantee – the stairlift you have ordered comes with a 12/24/36 month guarantee which starts from the date the stairlift is installed by us. This guarantee covers the cost of replacement parts and labour for any fault caused by manufacture or installation. Kent Stairlifts must be given the first opportunity to put right any faults right. You must not use third party to attempt to repair the lift prior to contacting us. Doing so, will invalidate your guarantee with us. The stairlift may be repaired or replaced at our discretion. The standard and extended guarantee cover provided on your stairlift is provided by Kent Stairlifts and not backed by an insurance provider. The manufacturer of new lifts provides the parts for the guarantee and we provide the labour.
7. Preparation work – please note that all preparatory works are costed with basic knowledge for example, moving a plug socket or removal of banisters on the staircase. We do advise all customers that they are entitled to employ the services of their own tradesperson if this is preferential to carry out any of the works needed for installation. Our guarantee does not cover any work carried out by third parties.
8. Balance – payment will be expected once the stairlift has been fully installed.
How to voice your concerns and resolve your complaints with us.
At Kent Stairlifts, we are committed to providing a high standard of service to you and all of our customers and we want you to be entirely satisfied with the service you receive from us. Informing us when you are unhappy with the service you experience gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service in the future for all our customers.
Should you have reason to raise a complaint about any of our products or service levels you should follow our standard complaints procedure.
In the first instance, contact a member of our customer service department by telephone. You can reach the customer service team on 01303 760158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that your complaint is not being dealt with effectively, then you can escalate your complaint to the customer service manager. To do this, you can send your complaint in writing FAO the Customer Services Manager, to the following:
6 Sun Valley Way,
When communicating with us we will aim to deal with your queries or complaints as quickly and as efficiently as possible, for clarity, our standard response times are as follows:
Post - We aim to respond to letters within 5 working days of receipt.
Email - We aim to respond to all emails within 1 working day of receipt.
Telephone - To resolve any questions or queries you may have during the call or by an agreed timescale.
If at any point you find that you are unable to reach an agreement with Kent Stairlifts, then you may choose to pursue dispute resolution with an independent arbitrator.
*Notice of right to cancel your order
Please be advised you have a fourteen day (calendar days) ‘cooling off’ period in which to change your mind concerning this agreement and cancel if you wish to do so. Please note for bespoke items there will be charges incurred. This right to cancel can be exercised by delivering, or sending (including by electronic mail methods) notice of your cancellation to us at any of the contact details above within 14 days starting with the date of receipt of this notice of the right to cancel this contract. Please be advised that notice of cancellation will be deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent to ourselves and in the case of electronic mail from the day it is sent to us. Please be advised that we may begin preparation of the stairlift goods for you as soon as the order is placed (unless specifically requested not to do so by yourselves) in order to obtain you the quickest installation time possible – please see term and condition one of our terms & conditions entitled deposit. You may be required to pay for goods and services supplied in our performance of the contract, if performance has begun with your prior agreement before the end of the cancellation period. If a related credit agreement has been agreed with this agreement, any such credit agreement will automatically be cancelled if the contract for the stairlift is also cancelled. The credit agreement cannot be used if there are charges incurred to cover these costs.
User VAT Declaration
If you are purchasing a stairlift product for your own personal use you may be eligible for relief from any Value Added Tax ("VAT") applicable to your purchase under Group 14 of Schedule 5 to the Value Added Tax Act 1983. If you believe that you meet the criteria for this relief please let us know and we will ask you to complete a "User VAT declaration" at the point of sale to confirm this. Please note that if you are not entitled to claim relief all sums that we quote as being payable by you in relation to your purchase (including any deposit) are exclusive of VAT and attract an additional payment of VAT at the rate applicable at the time we supply you with the products and / or services which you have purchased.